- New kennels will optimize the clinic’s use of space allowing us to fit more kennels of every size. This means that we can schedule more pets each day which will not only increase the number of spay/neuters we can perform but make for shorter wait times for appointments.
- Increasing the number of pets that can be scheduled each day will allow the clinic to hire an additional veterinarian to work alongside Dr. Oleson. We currently have an additional veterinarian working one day each week who is interested in working full-time once the new kennels are purchased.
- The new kennels will be on casters (with brakes) so that staff can easily deep clean underneath the bays of kennels and move when needed.
- Our current kennels are pretty old and some no longer close securely so many are unusable.
- The kennels we would like to purchase are from Shor-line. Shor-line has an industry-leading reputation that has been serving the animal health industry since 1927. Their high-quality stainless steel cages are the product of decades of research and development and a close relationship with animal shelters, humane societies, and boarding facilities.
- Currently, Spay Memphis has 19 functioning dog kennels and 22 functioning cat kennels. With new Shor-Line kennels, we can have 38 dog kennels and 40 cat kennels!
** Cat sized kennels can also be used for rabbits. Any dog sized kennel can be used for potbellied pigs as well.